Friday, May 16, 2014

Fwd: [New post] Happy - 8 idioms to describe happiness



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: English with a Twist <donotreply@wordpress.com>
Date: 2014-05-16 11:20 GMT-05:00
Subject: [New post] Happy – 8 idioms to describe happiness
To: hectorpinillos@gmail.com


Shanthi posted: "It's a glorious Friday afternoon here in London. I am sitting in my garden surrounded by trees, flowers and birdsong. It is blissful and I can say that I am truly happy at this moment. What a perfect moment to share 8 idioms that describe happiness beaut"

New post on English with a Twist

Happy – 8 idioms to describe happiness

by Shanthi

It's a glorious Friday afternoon here in London. I am sitting in my garden surrounded by trees, flowers and birdsong. It is blissful and I can say that I am truly happy at this moment.

What a perfect moment to share 8 idioms that describe happiness beautifully illustrated by Kaplan International in this wonderful infographic.

Kaplan International English

Here is how you could use them in a sentence:

1. Having a whale of a time
"Dear Mum and Dad, We are having a whale of a time in San Francisco. Wish you were here with us."

2. On Cloud Nine
"Jason has been on cloud nine ever since he heard of his promotion to Sales Director."

3. Tickled Pink (delighted)
"Tania is tickled pink. She just won tickets to see One Direction at the O2 Arena next month".

4. On Top of the World
"I have had a fantastic week. I'm feeling on top of the world".

5. Happy as a Clam 
"I moved to the country six months ago and I am happy as a clam".

We also use:

  • Happy as larry (New Zealand origin - British English)
    "David has a bowl of crisps, a few beers and the remote control. He is happy as larry".

6. Buzzing
"I am so happy today that I'm buzzing".

7. Over the Moon
"Pascale passed all her exams with top marks. She's over the moon".

8. In Seventh Heaven
"A beach, a book and a mojito cocktail - I am in seventh heaven".

And finally, to finish off this post and welcome the weekend, here's Happy by Pharrell Williams.

Have a wonderful weekend, folks.

Ciao for now
Shanthi

NB If you liked this post, please share it. And don't forget to subscribe to my blog if you don't want to miss out on my posts.

 

 

Shanthi | May 16, 2014 at 5:20 pm | Tags: #efl, Idioms, Infographics | Categories: Idioms, Vocabulary | URL: http://wp.me/p3izTK-sB

Comment    See all comments

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from English with a Twist.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://englishwithatwist.com/2014/05/16/happy-8-idioms-to-describe-happiness/





--
*Peguele una miradita a:*
*http://neacolombia.blogspot.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment