Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SPECIAL HOMEWORK TO RECOVER NOTES - FIRST PERIOD - NINTH - B - GRADE

Special Homework Ninth Grade - B - Recovering

Do all this homework in your notebook. Make sure it is totally correct.

1.     Organize and complete with the verb to be (is/are/am) the following sentences:
a.     Shoes dirty very your
b.     Teacher a brother my
c.      Not house this big very
d.     Today not open house this
e.     Bag my in my keys
f.       Jenny old years eighteen
g.     Not you tall very

2.     Using these verbs: build, cook, go, have, stand, stay, swim, work complete the following sentences
a.     Please be quiet, I______________________.
b.     “Where’s John?” He’s in the kitchen. He__________________________.
c.      “You ______________________ on my foot”. “Oh, I’m sorry.”
d.      Look! Somebody____________________ in the river.
e.     We’re here on holiday. We ________________at the Central Hotel.
f.       “Where’s Ann?”  She _________________a shower.
g.     They _________________a new theater in the city centre at the moment.
h.     I____________________. Good bye.

3.     Write questions from these words. Use is or are and put the words in order.
a.     Working/Paul/today?
b.     What/doing/the children?
c.      You/listening/to me?
d.     Where/going/your friends?
e.     Your parents/television/watching?
f.       What/cooking/Ann?
g.     Why/you/looking/at me?
h.     Coming/the bus?

4.     Complete the sentences. Use the verb: boil, close, cost, cost, like, like, meet, open, speak, teach, wash.
a.     Margaret ___________four languages
b.     In Britain the banks usually ________at 9:30 in the morning.
c.      The City Museum _____________at 5 o’clock in the evening.
d.     Tina is a teacher. She____________mathematics to young children.
e.     My job is very interesting. I_________a lot of people.
f.       Peter _________his hair twice a week.
g.     Food is expensive. It____________a lot of money.
h.     Shoes are expensive. They ____________ a lot of money.
i.        Water _______________ at 100 degrees Celsius.
j.       Julia and I are good friends. I _________ her and she _________ me.

5.     Complete the sentences. All of them are negative. Use these verbs: cost, go, know, read, see, use, and wear.
a.     I buy the newspaper every day but sometimes I __________ it.
b.     Paul has a car but he ____________ it very often.
c.      They like films but they _____________ to the cinema very often.
d.     Amanda is married but she ________ a ring.
e.     I ________ much about politics. I’m not interested in it.
f.       It’s not an expensive hotel. It _________much to stay there.
g.     Brian lives near us but we ___________ him very much.

6.     Write questions. Use the following words:
a.     Where/live/your parents?
b.     You/early/always/get up?
c.      How often/TV/you/watch?
d.     You/want/what/for dinner?
e.     Like/you/football?
f.       Your brother/like/football?
g.     What/you/do/in the evenings?
h.     Your sister/work/where?
i.        To the cinema/often/you/go?
j.       What/mean/this word?
k.     Often/snow/it/here?
l.        Go/usually/to bed/what time/you?
m.  How much/to phone New York/it/cost?
n.     You/for breakfast/have usually/what?

7.     Put in am/is/are (present) or was/were (past).
a.     Last year she____ 22, so she ____ 23 now.
b.     Today the weather ____ nice, but yesterday it _____ very cold.
c.      I _____ hungry. Can I have something to eat?
d.     I feel fine this morning but I ______ very tired last night.
e.     Where ______ you at 11 o’clock last Friday morning?
f.       Don’t buy those shoes. They _______ very expensive.
g.     I like your new jacket. ______ it expensive?
h.     This time last year I _____ in Paris.
i.        “Where _____ the children?” “ I don’t know. They _____ in the garden ten minutes ago.

8.     Writing exercise
Outdoor Exercise
1Mark lives in the city, but he enjoys being outdoors. 2When he can, he spends his time outside.
3He doesn’t take the subway to work. 4He rides his bicycle. 5He doesn’t eat lunch in a restaurant. 6He makes his lunch himself and eats it in the park. 7Museums don’t interest him and concerts bore him. 8He prefers to be outdoors and he chooses to entertain himself. 9Every morning he runs or plays tennis in the park and almost every weekend he goes hiking in the country. 10Bas weather doesn’t stop him. 11He even gets out in the rain.
12Mark is a healthy person. 13His outdoor exercise makes him so.

Exercise 1
Rewrite the entire passage, but pretend you are writing about two people instead of one. Change the name Mark to Mark and Mary. Sentence 1 will be:
            Mark and Mary live in the city, but they enjoy being outdoors.

LISTENING PART


No comments:

Post a Comment